PanicGuard is a leader in personal safety and security response technology. They offer a white labelled version of their platform to Securitas Turkey. They are currently trying extend this offering to Securitas’ BENELUX.
In Turkey they call it Güvendeyim which means "I am safe/secure" in Turkish. It offers people a 24/7 personal security service by turning the users' smartphones into a personal alarm device with real-time GPS tracking, video/audio and alarm features.
When the alarm goes off Securitas operators then analyse the situation: They inform friends, colleagues, police or health services according to the situation.
Some key features:
- The user shakes his phone in case of emergency: The phone takes videos including sound and of course alerts Securitas Monitoring Center
- Second shake activates the Alarm Sound and flash to draw attention from the surroundings
- Meeting alarm feature helps the user in situations with a risk factor, for example when meeting someone unknown. The user taps the meeting icon, selects duration of meeting and enter notes.
- Journey feature notifies a set of contacts that the user is going from one place to another and confirms safe arrival. The user will be tracked the entire route.
- User website where people manage their profiles: The more detailed a profile, the more information will be available to Securitas Monitoring Center.
Güvendeyim is a re-branding of a Panic Guard company app, including additional modules by Securitas Turkey and then they integrated the monitoring services with their SOC (alarms, notifications etc.). Securitas Güvendeyim is so far used only by Securitas Turkey. If other countries are interested, Securitas Turkey will help them with contacts and process.
- Target group in Turkey is field staff worker, lone workers, lawyers (Securitas Turkey has made an agreement with Union of Turkish Bar Associations), health staff etc.
- Launched March 2016
- User costs: Around 3,7 euro per month, including monitoring services.
- Interest: Some customers (VIPs) already subscribe to the service. Securitas Turkey administrative personnel is using it, and they are currently promoting it in marketing materials.
- Legal: BS8484 Lone Worker compliant, Cloud infrastructure has achieved ISO 270002
Provider: PanicGuard Ltd
Applying it to your country
Before deploying in our country please contact Wiljan van Loon or Ewald van Dijk (Securitas NL) for details or risk assessment. Please keep in mind that this solution is a low entry assistance button. For higher risk solutions or Personal Position Alarm contact Wiljan van Loon.